View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 19:30   #8
ilmiont
VOC Member

@S60D5-185 Hi thanks for your post, responding in this thread to keep it altogether.

I've read about the clutch slave cylinder issues but to be honest I can't find anything wrong with the clutch - or is it possible the slave cylinder could fail without compromising the pedal?

The pedal depresses smoothly, bites cleanly, quite low, and always raises straight back up, at least as far as I've seen so far.

Any other symptoms I should look for that may indicate the slave cylinder's at fault?

At this point, with the consensus being that this is more than the known issue of the CMC dripping onto the CPS, and what with me already planning to take her in as soon as next week, I think I'm just going to wait for my brake fluid to arrive, top it up, take her in (all of 2.5 miles) and ask them to inspect. I haven't observed any leaks, although as said there is something on the ground under the car, but I'm pretty sure it's not actually from it!

---

@BrendanW Re. the CPS - is my CPS likely to need replacement given I believe it's had this issue for a year at least? Or would it work OK with just the brake fluid cleaned off?
The Following User Says Thank You to ilmiont For This Useful Post: