View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 20:24   #8
surfslammer

I thought I’d drop by and give an update on this. Having replaced the usual candidate of the siren (which was found to be corroded inside) but still not solving the issue, I went to a Volvo independent to get a fault reading. That came up with the following:

CEM-BD1896 Volumetric sensor – Component Failures – Component internal failure

He said he’d get me a price for a new unit. In the meantime I sourced a use item that evening and swapped it in. That was a simple job of unclipping the outer case on the roof lining, unplugging the old unit and plugging in the replacement. I turned the ignition and the error message reappeared. However, I locked the car whist sat inside and when the alarm set, moved around and unlike before, the alarm sounded. I pressed the fob to unlock the car to stop the siren, turned on the ignition and thankfully there was no alarm service message 😊

The Volvo independent phoned me with a price of £152 inc vat for a new sensor. I got it for £17 and the siren at £23.

Thanks to those who have previously posted about the siren replacement and have given links to video how to’s which made life a lot easier. Replacing the sensor on the roof lining above the back seats is straight forward. Slowly and carefully prize the outer casing off and then it is a fairly obvious unplug and refit.

For the price and simplicity, it may be worth a punt on a sensor if you’ve ruled out the siren. I must have been very unlucky as my siren was definitely dead. The battery had leaked and the circuit was very corroded.
surfslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surfslammer For This Useful Post: