View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 10:12   #9
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I've looked at this. Read quite a bit now. Conclusion is sadly not good. To buy any AWD as a long-term keeper, you're buying expense, time and hassle. Unless I have good reason for AWD, and I don't, it's pure willy-waving. Those I've seen for sale, apart from this low-miler, seem to have the propshaft removed. eg one on eBay now at 124K, no shaft.

Taking the propshaft out is the cure, which in itself rather admits the above point. Having done that, I've still got expensive shockers, and no doubt different pricey exhausts etc etc to deal with, etc. This aside form insurance issues. All this would be £5-600 and a few days out of my life at spome point, all without good reason.

The seller si in no hurry to sell, I don't need a car now. I was looking long-game for when he does sell. Another decent car will be along, especially if I'm prepared to pay for it , which I am. Wait and pay, then good cars are not rare. I thought this was that car. It isn't.

Makes no sense, sadly. I conclude, I'm out.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:03.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote