View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 14:32   #70
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmi View Post
I found a couple of diesel receipts,thought they might be of interest,date back to '91/92. I was running an '86 pug.305 estate. One former owner,The Rev.Cherry,Religiously Serviced,of course! One was M1 Newport Pagnell,Nov.'91. 32.67 ltrs.£15.@46p ltr. & one M1 Watford Gap,Feb.'92. 22.46 ltrs. £10.@44.5p ltr. Of course it was cheaper still, off the Motorway.

Regards,K.
Having lived in Milton Keynes for nearly 40 years I recall back in the late 80's it was actually cheaper and cost effective to get on the motorway, fill up at Newport Pagnell services, and if necessary make the round trip to J15 at Northampton. Virtually all of the local petrol stations in Milton Keynes at that time were owned by one company who could charge whatever they felt like, they made the motorway services seem like a benevolent charity! Finally Tesco started building large stores with petrol stations which brought the price down a bit although it was still cheaper just a few miles away at Buckingham Tesco's. Eventually they were joined by Asda and Morrisons and some more independents which has thankfully pushed the price down a bit more.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post: