View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 22:28   #7
s40s

That is what I am going to do as soon as damn thing starts playing up. Stew here just told everybody how to save nearly £1k and all you can think is your insurance company. Here are few suggestions to make things a bit tidier: If Stew could use multimeter and find out exact resistance of potentiometer I could use resistor instead ,which is smaller and can be hidden inside a wire with heat shrink ( http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Co...kw/Heat+Shrink ) in which case insurance company would have to split wires to find it. Also what size drill bit have you used? Did you made one hole in the center or few of them?
Few things from my own research:
Peugeot owners have privilege to remove filters for a long time. If you will be nice on the forum they will provide hacked soft for ecu. After flash whole DPF is shut means no additive to fill, no rising oil, no fuel waste on regeneration almost like back in a good old days. For the final thought did anyone actually calculated benefit that DPF provides and waste associated with regeneration. If a car regenerates, burns more fuel all the time because of short journeys I guess it might be less wasteful and ecological without it.
Sorry for broken English.
s40s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s40s For This Useful Post: