Thread: V70: Gearbox - Geartronic Issues
View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 12:54   #4
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
Thanks for the reply. When I got the car nearly two years ago I was having problems (harsh engagement when selecting D or R - now resolved), and stumbled across Horton Cars and their blog.

Have you used them and what problems did you have at the time?
I haven't used them personally. There's plenty of people on here who have and speak highly of them, hence the recommendation. Horton's certainly know their stuff. Its where I'd try if I were you.

With regards to the "unrefinement" you experience when you slow down. I assume by this you mean what I describe as a groan when you let off the accelerator to slow down, letting the transmission do the work through the gears? If so, that's normal. My car does it, so does my Dad's V70. Its a weird sound, but its normal. If you had wheel bearing problems, you'd hear it. A bad wheel bearing sounds like someone is thumping the tyre.

When you had the transmission serviced in the past, I don't suppose you know what fluid was used? It might be mentioned on the Invoice possibly?Your car takes AW-1 transmission fluid, also known as JWS3324 (older models took JWS3309). You can't put JWS3309 in a transmission that takes AW-1/JWS3324.

Assuming a garage did it, they could have put the wrong fluid in. That can lead to all sorts of issues. These transmissions are extremely particular when it comes to fluid.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 23rd, 2024 at 12:58.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote