View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 22:34   #215
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atco View Post
dont you love these peaple just chipping away and not very helpfull with lots of rubbish remarks.be a bit more positive .if you dont like just please dont reply.peaple from this country have been very warm and helpfull positive response please.
I'd like to correct you there - it wasn't a rubbish remark, it's a way of trying to tell you it's a bl00dy stupid idea to use a bucket - i know i suggested it but knowing it was a stupid idea, expected you to also see it was stupid. Hence my comments about the torrential output of the pumps.

You've got some of the best brains on the forum trying to help you here and if someone makes what you deem to be a rubbish remark, it's because you haven't taken a previous hint. It's a better way of telling you than getting personal and telling you outright you're an idiot to do it.

I haven't mentioned this yet, a couple of weeks back my 760GLE decided to suddenly cut out after losing power and then backfired through the exhaust - very similar symptoms to yours. The cause was a loose/dirty fuel pump relay fuse, renewed it and off it went.

Considering everything else including the fact you've got the car to run by feeding the main pump directly (which would have backfed the in-tank pump once the engine was running via the fuel pump relay), it's looking highly likely that it's the fuel pump fuse on yours.

When are the new fuses arriving?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: