View Single Post
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 21:00   #13
chf

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
i would say just over 3 years old, just out of main warranty, its rubbish they should be trying to squirm out of it.

although i am not an expert, normally warranties exclude expendable items, tyres, brakes, exhaust etc, so as this is an integral part of the engine system i would be arguing the case it should be covered.

get a second opinion from another dealer if needed.

at the end of the day, you would not expect to pay £30-40k for a car, which after 3 and a bit years has a bit that breaks. if it were 6-7 years old, don't think you would have a case, but just outside of manufacturers warranty i would be expecting it to be done out of good will if they are insistent it is not covered.
It makes you think whether you should buy a Korean car that comes with 7 year warranty instead of apremium brand !

Did talk with the manager at the volvo dealer who told me that after checking with volvo care that the work would not be covered under warranty and he admitted that he didn't understand why not !!!

So I am not giving up, if necessary will go every Saturday in their showroom to loudly complain about reliability of volvo cars ...

Still would like to understand what the swirl actuator is and does.

Cheers
chf is offline   Reply With Quote