View Single Post
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 16:43   #7
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper1970 View Post
1998 (S) V70R in Silver

Hi all has anybody got or be able to tell me where to get a pair of pipes that go from the radiator to the bottom front of the engine. If u were looking at it from the drivers side wing. Both of mine are weeping oil quite badly now but can't afford to take it off the road.

I would like to purchase some second-hand, so long as the metal parts are ok, to refurbish them, then replace the ones on the car.

These lines are only on the R version of the T5 as the oil cooler is integral to the radiator and not a small bolt on unit as with the standard T5. I can get them from main dealer, but 200 quid at this time of year not got.

Many thanks in advance.
The oil cooler pipes will be the same on a T5 or any other turbo S/V/C70 up to 1999 when volvo changed the oil cooler setup to be on the rear of the sump. I wouldn't try to bodge second hand ones - if they fail while you are on the move you will lose oil pressure and very quickly wreck the engine.
I bought a new pair from volvo a few years ago for about £150 including the various seals and clips so the price has clearly gone up - have you tried Rufe with the forum discount?

A firm such as Pirtek should be able to make up something for you if you take the pipes to them but I would get a quote first as it would be pointless getting something custom made if it would cost more than volvo ones.

PS You don't need to drop the oil from the sump to replace these, particularly if the front end is jacked up, but you might lose a bit out of the cooler so check the oil level before firing up and after the first drive (when the oil has had chance to circulate round the system).

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acshortt5 For This Useful Post: