View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 21:00   #13
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Very nice, didn't know the v6 was turbo in them. Any photos?

I too come from a saab background, my dad had 3 900's (the proper ones). 2 9000's N/A one white with black leather and the other red with cloth and now he owns a 1996 9000 2.0 turbo remapped in a lovely willow green cream leather interior, just shy of 200k miles and still going very strong.

One of my dream cars is a 70's Saab 99 turbo in black with inca alloys.
The v6 is Holden unit also used in vectra and insignia vxr in slightly higher state of tune. Damned with faint praise in Saab installation because it's a 220HP engine anyway and the clever, lag free twin scroll Turbo only adds another 30hp, later models were 265, Vauxhall installation about 280 I think. A simple map makes around 300hp and mountains of torque but that's not really my thing. I.think it is.overlooked in the Saab because it's not much quicker than a four pot Aero and lacks the big Turbo thump of the smaller units. You would not know this was a blown unit, it will pull in sixth cleanly from about 1200rpm. I am told they really go when you wind them up the rev range , and the guys on uksaabs think it's a shame I don't drive it like that but hey, not my thing...genuine 150mph car always run 100mph under its max!!

Last edited by biggbn; Oct 13th, 2017 at 22:26.
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote