View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 17:47   #17
Mental Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian2 View Post
I have the same car, same age, 47,000 miles, same problem which started two years ago at around 30,000 miles. On mine the problem is worse when the weather is hot. There is another thread about this elsewhere on the forum. It is a problem known to Volvo since 2012 when the bumping into D first happened. Volvo found the new gearbox software and adaption worked in a lot of cases. They ran courses for their main dealers in about 2016 on how to replace gearbox internal main shaft seals with modified ones. Thanks to forum member Clan for this information.

Early this summer, Ray Chapman, York told me they have no knowledge at all of this fault. Marshall, Leeds were however very knowledgeable and helpful. In June this year Marshall carried out a gearbox software upgrade and adaption of gearbox. £140 plus vat. This is the first thing to try and often cures the problem. It improved mine but has not cured it. Marshall need to experience the fault before going on to the next stage, but the fault is intermittent so this is a problem. The next stage is asking Volvo for a contribution to repairing or replacing the gearbox. Volvo would only consider this if the car has full main dealer service history.

I shall have to wait for the fault to deteriorate to the extent where the dealer is certain to be able to experience it for themselves, then go on from there. I must say I am very disappointed to have a fault like this on what is otherwise a very decent motor.
So having driven the car Myself since my husband noticed the issue, it’s only happening intermittently, and only when shifting the car in the drive, it will lurch forward a little bit.
Mental Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote