Thread: Airbag light on
View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 20:05   #1
xs2man

Default Airbag light on

Good evening.

Just thought I'd join up here to ask for some help with an airbag light issue I am having.

I first noticed it a few months ago, after I somehow managed to get a broken rear drivers side door window. I didn't really notice anything before, but shortly after it was replaced, I noticed the airbag light was now on.

At this point, I should point out, the car doesn't get much use. It only has 68,000 miles on it, and only done 1000 miles in the 10 months.

Anyway, back to the airbag light. So I have a "cheap" scan tool, and so did a scan to see if I could reset the light. But there was no error code to reset. So I left it a while.

Then I was getting some suspension work done, and asked my local garage, who has a much more sophisticated system, obviously, if he could reset it. He couldn't see a code to reset either.

I then found a guide on here showing how to change the SRS module. At least it would help me locate it. So I thought maybe I could unplug it and replug it to see if that helped?

Or is this a case of a dodgy module, and need it replaced? If so, any idea where the best place to get a "new" one might be? Or is it simply a case of ebay?

Thanks
xs2man is offline   Reply With Quote