Thread: Airbag light on
View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2020, 10:01   #3
xs2man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
The rear window replacement, has nothing to do with the SRS light. The fact that you are not getting any codes, is rather odd. Check the SRS/Engine fuse in the driver's footwell. if fine, the only thing i can think off then, is that the SRS module is faulty. Only the Volvo VIDA DiCE will show the SRS-0001 faulty SRS module error code, if it is faulty.

New SRS module, (assuming you can find one), will be around £400-£500. Try to get a good second hand one from ebay. Just make sure its clear of codes and not faulty.

Alternatively, you can post me your SRS module and I can test it on my car and see if is ok
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess what might have happened is that after the smashed glass, I gave the car a good hoover out to get all the glass out. I may have disturbed the connections under the seats. So I'll have a look at that.

As for the scan, that is very kind of you. And I may take you up on that. Unfortunately the DICE user map doesn't seem to work anymore. However, conveniently, the last post on the thread is from someone with the software / hardware who actually lives local-ish to me. Inconveniently, I need 30 posts to PM him. I have posted in the thread asking to lift that limit. So I'll try him (/ her) first.

EDIT: If it was the connection under the seat, would reseating such connections cause the light to go out? Or will it definitely need a scan now?

Last edited by xs2man; Sep 17th, 2020 at 10:03.
xs2man is offline   Reply With Quote