View Single Post
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 13:06   #9
Kingmunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
As an observation forgetting the rear camera is not a good idea. 6 months after fitting mine I got hit from the rear by a delivery van. Minor shunt = 2K cost. Not helped by the fact that the driver took off when he realized I wanted details. Camera footage helped considerably with claim, to the extent that when I discovered after 18 months that my insurance company had recorded the incident as partly my fault Reference to the camera evidence made them change their records.

Regarding the cable it's difficult to be sure but everything from the link you provided suggests the rear cable is simply a micro/mini USB. A quick look at the cable or sockets would confirm. I've measured my new cable and it's roughly 8 M and is for a Thinkware f770. It cost about £13 delivered and I found it on line.

I know mine was a V90 but the route I followed was across top of screen, left hand side, down A pillar, behind glovebox, down to floor level ,below trims etc back to the rear, up the back then into the tailgate via the rubber flexible thing. (this was the most difficult bit). Obviously at all stages the wire was hidden behind trim and secured with cable ties as appropriate. When finished the only cables visible were from the trim to front camera (say 50mm) and from the rear camera to the trim, again about 50mm
Yeah the rear camera cable has a small aux connection to the front camera and fixed at the rear camera end, but there is a little junction in the cable. If I can split that then I could get a longer cable. Will look into it, cheers.
Kingmunky is offline   Reply With Quote