View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 23:22   #15
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Well done Puffster, all credit to you and pleased to hear you and the car survived unscathed. I'm a retired police traffic officer. My instinct is to stop and help and warn oncoming traffic, BUT, it only takes one idiot to kill me. As has happened to several good samaritans lately, one of whom was killed on a dual carriageway within four miles of where I live, adjacent to the area serious trauma hospital. I'm simply not sure what I would have done in similar circumstances. Possibly if I was alone in my car I would stop, but not if I had a passenger, my wife and/or daughter for instance.
Regarding aquaplaning, not only is the tyre tread depth important, and I tend to agree with green van man regarding the 3 mms. but at this time of the year with the road surface temperature quite possibly below 7.0 degrees C, was the tyre rubber the correct type for colder weather?
Not sure tyre compound is relevant v-a-v aquaplaning, which is a mechanical lifting of the tyre off the roadway because of a failure of the tread to clear water sufficiently quickly, shirley?
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote