View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 22:57   #25
nickdirtyd

Exclamation ETM - Expected To Malfunction

It seems at 90k miles my dads ETM was in the veteran years of its life... However when *PAYING* a visit to the local volvo dealer to replace the part we were welcomed with the always exciting phrase. Hello Mr Brown it seems we have a 'little' problem. The replacement ETM we have recieved is also faulty. Faulty you say? Yes faulty, the data that has to be installed... well it just wont install. So is this another common problem with the ETM? No not really a common problem but we recieve a few. Oh OK so do you have more than one in stock? Yes however one is currently being fitted. : ) and the other it would unfortunately appear is also damaged. We were actually told at the fitting centre by a mechanic that the fault is extremely common (hmmm well it almost went unnoticed).
What I would really like to know is, are these parts still being fitted to current models of Volvo cars rolling off production?
If so does this mean Volvo are producing and selling cars which they know are not suitably fit for their intended purpose.
I think my dads experience justifys his name being included 3 times!