View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 18:48   #9
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
The job went smoothly and easily from there[o/s wheel bolts cracked off fairly easily with a bit of effort]but this relatively straightforward job lasted from 11 a.m. to just after 6 p.m.!!
You've done better than me Dippydog, I noticed the brakes didn't sound right as I was driving home on Friday evening so Saturday morning jacked up the nearside front to take a look, sure enough the pads are worn out and the disc is about done too. In between other duties I went online and quickly ordered some pads and discs from GSF and picked them up just before they closed. Back home I got the pads out revealing rather too much corrosion on the piston, then tried to remove the caliper to change the disc only to find the bolts are solid ended up abandoning the job. I'll try to borrow my neighbours impact gun next weekend to see if I can sort it but with the amount of rust on the caliper, and other things on the car starting to be problematic (and it really needs the cambelt doing), I'm wondering if I ought to draw a line and let this car go, fortunately I can use the works van so I'm wondering if we need my car in addition to her car.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote