Thread: New 460 Owner!
View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 22:54   #13
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Completely understandable. From roughly the early eighties to the present day, Volvo specs can be described as strange - one could order the most powerful engine with a base spec. In my view, it just makes a rare care all the more interesting!

As for preserving, I definitely agree that this car should remain within caring hands. Despite my age (21), I am a devoted Volvo fan, something which many people find difficult to comprehend. I've always been a big admirer of the 'smaller' Volvos, the 300 series and 400 series in particular. The 440 and 460 series hold a high level of affection for me personally, as both were family cars owned by my father when I was growing up (same shape 460 as this, but with the 1.8 spi engine). I've been looking out for a clean 460 for the past five years, as I fully understand their ever decreasing numbers. I'm hopefully seen as a caring and enthusiastic (prospective) owner. I would aim to keep the car as is, respectfully driven and kept. It has been pretty gutting over the past years to see so many of these become engine donors. I narrowly missed out on a mk2 440 Turbo earlier on this year. The only prohibitive point possibly regarding this car if you were looking to sell would be location - as I'm central Scotland, it would involve a bit of travelling, however I would be prepared to travel for it.

All the best with the car if you do hold onto the car for a bit longer - it is a stunning example. As I say, the car would be kept cherished as it is just now if I was to purchase it.

Best wishes and I hope you still enjoy this lovely car,

Joseph
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote