View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2016, 13:23   #18
Thrustyjust

Funny thing happened today on my mountain bike ride. On my way home, who should I see, but an Autoglass guy working on a car. So, I stopped for a chat.
' Hi mate, just want to ask a quick question about my windscreen on my Volvo XC60'
' Oh, don't tell me, its leaking and not bonded at the roof !'
So Volvo 'do' know about this serious flaw, as he has said he has done dozens of them. He even says that Volvo should be repainting the roof area , as it is bare metal and in time will suffer with rust and write the car off. I have mentioned about the lack of success in making Volvo responsible for the complete repair and windscreen should it break. He said Volvo made their life awkward with the resealing, blaming Autoglass , should it break on removal. He also advised on the surrounding trim and damage to that on windscreen removal and make sure Volvo replace this. I asked about probability of breakage on removal. He said it was luck of the day as to if it breaks or not. He said he has to stick a spike in the lower corner of the screen to allow access for the cutting wire to go through the seal and that can cause the screen to crack. He said to badger Volvo, as it is their manufacturing defect, as he had witnessed so many with the same issue or speak to trading standards about a safety issue, which judging by Volvo's lack of response will be my next port of call.

Last edited by Thrustyjust; Feb 14th, 2016 at 15:19.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote