View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2018, 17:40   #48
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueosprey90 View Post
Mine seems a double lip, I'd guess rocker and inner sill. Really twisted over on itself for about 12 inches in front of the rear jacking point. I used channel lock pliers to try to twist it open a bit. Not that important a problem to me at this point since my primary task is to get the bottom floor boards painted. I'll come back to it someday perhaps.

Over the years my car must have been jacked up from every where except the jacking points. All sorts of dents on the bottom of the car. I may try to pound a few of those out from above.

On another topic, is there some sort of insulating circular donut that fits under the shift gear gaiter to keep out sound, heat and dirt? It looks like I have an old, dirty dish rag wrapped around the bottom of the shift gear to serve the purpose.
Mine is also a double lip. Part is the floor pan the other is the outer sill (or rocker as it is known in the US of A). If it has been hammered so hard it is probably best to pre-heat before bending - you need to get it pretty close to red hot which will of course kill the paint work.

There is a bit of foam that goes around the shifter - I think I got a new bit from VP - If I did I'll post up the part number (but it was only a bit of open celled foam so could be replicated.
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote