View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 15:36   #2
PJordan

What you quote seems to be the normal dealership pricing, I think it is fairly uniform throughout the UK at main dealers. I was quoted around £420 here in Edinburgh at the Volvo dealer, my second year service is due next January and it does include the fuel filter change which the first year service does not.

In reality the other option of going with an independent service at about £250 approx. are the possible warranty questions and hassles that would no doubt ensue should you need to claim through the main dealer. I know legally it is not a requirement to have a dealership service but to make life easier in such a situation sometimes it is worth the extra £150 (in this scenario). You also get UK & European Volvo Breakdown Assistance included for the next year going with the dealership which to buy the equivalent of must be in excess of £100.

My opinion is at the end of the day, even though it seems more expensive going main dealer service, it actually probably isn't, and well worth the outlay.

Hope this helps.