View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 22:33   #504
ANDTWENTY

Day 2 - A fair bit of progress made today, first thing was mounting those injectors. I cut my old bracket up, flipped it around and shortened it slightly to allow the rail to sit vertically. the rubber bushing bolts that are supplied mean that the connectors hit the fuel rail so I'm going to get some rubber washers to shorten the distance but also so the rail isn't solid mounted. I also had to re make the bracket that holds the flow meter as this wasn't lined with the injectors anymore.

Next I took the manifold off to put the injector nozzle in. I managed to get a bit of an angle on them unlike my other Volvo as the manifold isn't as bulking so I could angle the drill a bit. while it was off I tapped into the water lines and plumbed these in. I also changed the thermostat and cleaned out the crank case breather oil box thingy, it was already clean to be fair but gave it another one anyway. I then put the manifold and wiring back on which was a little fiddly as I put all the injector clips the other side to give me room to the LPG injectors.

Once everything was in and I was happy with locations I put all the pipework in, Everything is now plumbed in under the bonnet, I'm just going to take the brackets off and give them some paint.

I also have the tank "in". It fit perfectly under the floor until I bolted it down and for some reason is now sits a little high. This tank didn't come with the 4 mounting bolts on the bottom like my other one did sadly, but it did come with a hole through the middle, which I was told would be good enough to mount it down with, this is what I've done. I found a 24mm threaded bar and some steel plate to spread the load. I'm going to turn a boss on the lathe to centre the bar better but for now a washer will do. Tomorrow I'll take it out, paint the plate up and seal the hole up, I'll also seal the valve hole up too and bolt it in for good.

The filler plate I made for my other car gave me some grief, I was hoping for a straight bolt on but that didn't happen. the light socket wire isn't long enough to go on the right which meant I had to flip the plate, I also had to do this because the filler housing hits on the break away hooks on the tow bar, as a rusult of it being inverted the socket also now sits wonky! What I'm going to do is cut one of the hooks off on the left, get a longer section of cable for the wiring socket and put it on properly! the plate also sits lower, this is because the holes are offset.

ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post: