View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:39   #1
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Default Next Irish Meet - Glenshane Mountain Pass - 14th Dec. 2008

Date; Sunday 14th December

Meeting; Ness Garden Centre Car Park
11.00am, leaving at 11.30 on the dot...
Click here for the route (meeting point at point A)!

Thanks to NI_Volvo_Nut we've made a couple of revisions in the route to make it a little more exciting without effecting the schedule!

Travelling from the South via/or the East;
Follow the M2 up to Antrim and continue forward onto the M22. As the M22 ends follow onto the A6 heading for Londonderry. Once you pass signposts for Claudy, Ness Garden Centre will be signposted several miles up the road on the right - if you miss the first entrance don't worry, there's a second entrance a few hundred yards further on (we'll be meeting near the top entrance).

For the Southerns - having explored the local roads I would recommend heading up via the East as above; it's a few more miles but given the roads it would be quicker and probably less boring.

Run Details;
Due to our shorter days over Winter this will simply be an easy jaunt through the Sperrin Mountains along the Glenshane Pass. Easy driving, easy roads and half way down a short detour over a mountain road with lovely scenery!

We will finish at Harleys American Steakhouse outside Castledawson for lunch which I've uploaded the menu for; Click here to view the menu!
If you haven't already done so, let me know if you are attending and how many will be in your party so I can keep note of the numbers for the reservation!

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Dec 7th, 2008 at 19:23. Reason: On Request
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote