View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 17:04   #8
CondorXC90

Our second car is an X5 and the XC90 replaced our other X5- a 4.8is, which sadly dumped all its coolant on the motorway with extensive engine damage.

The X5 a 40d 2011MY was my daily driver - the twin turbo and all the toys (a well=specced M-Sport) make for a great daily driver albeit not exactly frugal, but if you want great economy, these biggies are not the ones to go for.....
It was hijacked by my other half, who actually chose the XC90 - as "she was used to driving X5s for over 10 years now".......you get the drift!

Our XC90 is a 2008 - a D5 185 Sport, I think this model was replaced by the R-design in 2009 onwards. Nice spec (although I would probably have gone for an executive if I thought if would end up being "mine"! ). Falls into the high tax bracket, but in the big scheme of things, it really doesn't matter much.

Flies down motorways - not quite as sporty as the X5, but the turbo still provides a great boost. I get an average of about 28mpg, mix town and motorways. Dealer I bought it from has paid for volvo indy repairs since purchase in September - new handbrake and new intercooler.

Still one of the safest SUV's out there, until recently no deaths in an XC90 crash in the UK- sadly two oldies died recently on the M1 when smashed into by a huge truck, but no-one would have made it out of that one. Still an amazing record as XC90s have been around since about 2003.

I hope to keep ours for years and if the X5 needs replacing it will be with an XC90........I did have the Lexus RX450 on my list but there are a few issues with towing with it so decided to go with the xc90 instead.

XC90 2008 Sport SE Geartronic, sunroof, privacy, heated seats, phone/RTI, Nav, HP Sound,
CondorXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote