View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 16:09   #28
amazondean
amazondean

Jimmy, i had no intention to try to belittle you or offend you in any way. My first post clearly stated that i had some concerns about some of the work that has been done and it seems to have escalated. But ultimately you did state that you were looking for in excess of £7000 for it and that means to me that the car should meet certain standards. As the posts started to roll i had to explain why i had those concerns. I realise that i have offended you and can see this in your replies as you have often made mistakes in what you have quoted me of saying. I feel that i have said far more than maybe i should have, only because it has offended you but i'm afraid you keep posting mistakes which makes me feel like having the need to reply. In your last reply you have quoted me several times, but i did not say what you have quoted me of saying. However i also realise that i have wound you up so i take no offence.

Ultimately i needed to express my view of the car openly because someone on hear just might buy the said car because twenty or so forum members may have commented how fantastic the car is without any experience of noing any different, so i felt the need to actualy question certain areas of the car and now maybe people will have a more open opinion of it.

Hopefully This will now be my last post on the matter, so to answer your first post on valuation i am going to give my valuation based on the evidence i have collected without seeing the car to prove otherwise:

I believe the true valuation is around £5000. This may seem low but to me that is about right trying to sell to anyone in the know. However most people are not in the know, so on that basis you would probably achieve £7000 for it, simply because it is in good order and a recent rebuild to a desent standard. If you try to ask more than that you are heading into the teritory of real perfectionists which actualy i am not, who may start pulling it to pieces in front of your eyes. And lets face it if you are asking top money you are expecting a top car that has been restored to a very high standard.

All the best and hopefully you will keep it as only you will realise the true effort that has gone into putting this car back on the road
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote