View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 17:29   #4
V70Zig
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40t View Post
2008 V70. Slight (irregular) droning noise from the rear at motorway speeds, but only when there's a rear passenger on board. Not emanating from the passenger. But seems to be coming from the same (nearside) corner as the passenger.

The year before last there was an MOT advisory - trailing arm bush deteriorated, but not excessive. Though I'd imagine that wouldn't produce this sort of noise?

Only 71k, though very crashy over potholes. I understand that this wasn't this model's best feature, even when new, but have been thinking about replacing the shocks (with Sachs?), despite the low mileage, on the basis that they've been compressed by a heavy vehicle for 11 years now.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Rather than "drone" mine had an irritating squeak, without passenger and only when the weather was dry. It was the trailing arm bushes, which by all accounts last about 70k ish, replaced and all good.
If you do replace them then factor in for all wheel alignment as the rears will need to be done/checked........at a dealer around £400 I think all in.

Droning noise could also be a wheel bearing.........

Passed away - 1999 V70 2.5tdi Auto 340632 miles, RIP.

Last edited by V70Zig; Jun 12th, 2019 at 17:33.
V70Zig is offline   Reply With Quote