View Single Post
Old Sep 1st, 2018, 10:18   #23
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
The problem you will come up against is that very few modern cars will make it to the bangernomics stage of life. Electronic failiers will see the death of many cars, when 1 sensor can cost £400 £500 cars will be very thin on the ground.

Paul.
I agree with you Paul that is the problem with new cars, death by part cost.

With a couple of exceptions, we have always brought our cars for cash but the costs of fixing certain items makes owning them past warranty a risk. The part may be in the scrap yard but quite often now you are not allowed to take the part off yourself and buy ‘off the shelf’ which increases the cost and when fitted might need to be coded to the car with a software tool on a computer, another cost.

Very soon I think, especially with pay per mile taxes coming, choices will become even more limited and the second-hand market even further restricted. That monthly rental or lease cost will be become the entry cost for your own personal transport otherwise it will taxies or the bus.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to id5 For This Useful Post: