View Single Post
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 11:25   #26
Raymondo111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
Do the math, lease over 36 months = £14,400. Assuming payments of £400.00 pm. Depreciation on a £30 odd k new car is at least £14,400. Plus no road tax to pay.
My thoughts exactly, I weighed up the cost of buying my cars over the last 10 years or so and then looked at leasing and was surprised at the cost. I currently lease a VW Tiguan which worked out overall less in costs over 2 years than I had lost in depreciation in my previous car a Seat Leon which although a brilliant car dodgy knees and being quite low didn't make a good combination. The optimum lease period is 24 months and most people look at a calculation of 25% cost of the RRP price is a good deal, anything below this is very good. People would say that you can buy cars below RRP but their needs to be a basic calculation that every body can use. My XC60 T5 Momentum on order meets the basic formula at 24.7% so for me a good deal and I get to drive a nice car for 2 years with everything covered including VED, agreed their are mileage constraints but I can quite easily keep to the allocated mileage. PCP in my opinion is vastly overrated and very costly compared to leasing and I am surprised that more people don't go for leasing.
Raymondo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raymondo111 For This Useful Post: