View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 14:21   #117
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioskaskdn View Post
i can see you are thinking straight, nothing happens to volvo if you fit modules from other cars, as for my volvo, i have swapped fabric interior for a black leather from a t5 with electrics, recently swapped my 603 unit for 803 and didnt even need to virginise it. since then had a soft download done to enable front fogs. and now every time i connect it to the car it just comes up as i fault "configuration fault" with no more details to it, so from what i have read on this thread, RoyMacDonald does not really know what he is talking about. canbus is not a security feature, it is just a different communication system, that is all. and so far i can see, that this guy solely believes what volvo say in their handbooks for workshop. RoyMacDonald do us a favour and dont spread incorrect info to fellow members, we come here to seek help and not to obtain incorrect info.
When did I say canbus was a security feature?

My understanding is it's the log of serial no's the car holds that is the security feature and how Volvo deals with the car having a wrong no if the part was not deactivated from the donor car. I may well be wrong I'm only going by what I've read on the forum.