View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 08:14   #26
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
This is the thing I have never understood with volvo. They recommend an engine oil change interval but say no need to change gearbox unless arduous duties undertaken. To reinforce the instruction they will releave you of £300+ if you ask them to change it.

Seriously if their gear box oil is so good why is their engine oil so poor. It of course is not, it's designed obsolescence, the gearbox will last the warranty period without oil change therefore volvo don't care. Less technically minded owners belive volvo and don't change it as it's not nessesary untill it is by which time the problems are already well developed.

I have a manual and was met with blank stares when I asked for the gearbox oil to be changed at the dealers,in fact they could not give me a price for it as it was not on the pricing menu. We agreed on price of the oil and half hour labour, I have my doubts they actually changed it as the fitter whom did the job reckoned it took only a litre of oil and I know because I now change it myself it takes 2.2 litres.

Premium car brand they may think they are, they evidently want us to buy many premium cars and then wreck them by lack of maintenance.

Paul.
My mates discovery 4 is the same. BMW also do it, I think it’s a mpdern day thing.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote