View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 14:38   #22
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
I think you basically were lied to from the off. I saw and email that was sent to ALL dealers, some of which I recognised like Rybrooks, Marshalls etc. Internal communication within the dealerships could be the root of these problems.
Of course, that does not excuse Volvo for what seems like dragging their heels with regards to updating there marketing materials.

Yes I agree I was lied to and the order should never have been taken that far in advance .Especially as my Px was going in as scrappage and they couldn’t tie the paperwork up for scrappage without the chassis number of the new 2011 model year Volvo car (to be supplied by Volvo) to link it to the old car for government rebate procedure.

The thing is the first dealer in Lancashire where I originally saw the XC60 (we were looking at an Audi Q5 till then) was offering the same scrappage deal in early February with June delivery so he would have had no chance of supplying me a car either because June 2010 cars are model year 2011 cars.

They were all at it ,least the ones I visited !!! so when someone tells me no orders were being taken until recently for 2011 model cars I beg to differ because I had two doing just that . I can see now that they couldn’t have officially ordered with Volvo but I was not to know that at the time. Its only since I have become aware of the various dealings and statements on this forum that I have become clued up on it all myself

Last edited by Daleman; Apr 26th, 2010 at 14:40. Reason: wrong date
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote