View Single Post
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 17:48   #28
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

I can only imagine your disappointment. Buying a new car is a big commitment which you hope will bring pleasure but there is certainly a dark cloud hanging around here.

I agree that your contract is with the dealer but I really don't think that a bit of paper slid into the handbook begins to meet their obligations. They are fortunate that you acknowledge having seen it at all! I would reming you that any car on display or advertised is legally required to have its CO2 displayed. I don't know the law on this point but they must be really close to acting illegally despite any disclaimer that they might have.

I don't even know what a remedy might be. Car tax rates are rising & who knows what difference that group will make to resale value, road tax, congestion charging, road pricing, parking (yes really) etc in the future.

If it were me I would know EXACTLY what my legal position was before I spoke to the dealer but I would be aware that any rights diminish VERY quickly with the passage of time.

Good luck.

Chris
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisE For This Useful Post: