View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2017, 22:56   #1
anatomism

Default TF80-SC gearbox replacement - compatible part numbers

Hi all,

I recently bought a 2008 XC90 D5 with a known gearbox fault (but fault unknown)

Basically, it doesn’t have drive, will not engage reverse and seemed to be stuck in gear, I.e. would move forward even in park. It would drive forwards but only slowly with about 3000rpm (slipping badly), but no reverse

I changed the fluid and cleaned up all electrical contacts on the TCM and it’s made no difference (actually I have no forward drive at all currently). I did notice that the gearbox was overfilled originally by around 4 litres! (6.5 litres came out just from the drain plug, subsequent fills were around 2).

I’ve come to the conclusion that the gearbox is likely kaput, so my question relates to part numbers.

My gearbox has a part number of 30783229, serial 07E3828822. Do I have to get a box with the identical part number (difficult to find) or would one from a 2009 S80 be a straight swap? That part number is 31259368 (09E3816006).

I really can’t find any info anywhere and have been searching for a good few hours. I have Vida (without the dice module until it arrives) and that just gives me a gearbox exchange part number which is little help

My intention is to buy a used box and take to a garage for straight swap (hopefully)

Assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks
anatomism is offline   Reply With Quote