View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2016, 16:14   #1196
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
What did the dealer have to say when you took the car in today?

tem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
With the catalogue you have can you come to some arrangement with the dealer now to offload the XC60 take an older, but more reliable XC90 D5 that they may have in stock and forget about turtles, dealer visits and whatever else until your new car arrives and agree a cost to change all up front.
Volvo are probably not interested but your dealership, if they want to keep your business, could be.
They've just called to say the work is all completed. This includes the new fix from Volvo, complete with the new pipework etc. The car's also had a software update. They are delivering it back to the house later today.

As you know, I have already confirmed my order for a 2017 F-Pace with the dealer. I have been very frustrated at the design fault from Volvo with the XC60 but I have been satisfied with the dealers efforts to fix the car and the communication from them. At times I think I have been a bit sharp with the dealer because they are the face of Volvo, although it's not their fault. Compared to other dealerships I have used (Audi, Ford & Vauxhall in recent years) the local Volvo dealer offers a personal and polite service.

I don't want to lose my XC60 early for another car. If this latest fix is the solution then I will be happy until the F-Pace comes in March. Let's hope it really does fix the problem and we can enjoy the last eight months or so of ownership trouble free (it'll probably be more like six months because we will sell the car as soon as we're back from our Austrian ski trip in January 2017).

Apart from the EGR related issues, the car has been reliable with absolutely no other fault whatsoever (even the weird retina blinding brightness of the TFT display resolved itself earlier). Clearly, my role in the ownership of this car from new has been to identify, test and resolve the EGR problem for someone else!

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; May 26th, 2016 at 16:16.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arianne For This Useful Post: