View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 16:56   #13
andy_d
Premier Member

there was me, outside welding the TR7 (wheel arches/wings and flitch plates,, you know the drill if you had a TR7) id put a nice Thick tarp up to stop anyone seeing the mig welder arcs, and set to,,
id put the tarp to cover From the pavement/road And to prevent anyone leaning over the fence behind me and getting an eye flash,, heard the fence get bumped,, stopped and welding mask up to check who/what,,
Mrs next door has popped the bonnet of her rover 216vdp, nice white one pretty good nick (she hadn't parked it on a fence/gate post or otherwise bent the body at this point)
asking if she/the car was ok "yes im just topping up the washers"
thinking ill sit lean up the fence post roll a ciggy and have smoke while she's doing it and get back to welding when she's gone,
ciggy finished and i thought ill check, to see her walking back out the garage, slam the bonnet, and get in and goto start the car,,
it Didnt start,, so she tried it again, im thinking this Really doesnt sound right so waved at her to stop cranking the key,, asked her to pop the bonnet and id check something hadnt come loose when she did the washers,, thinking has she drowned the electrics or something
nothing looked amiss or loose,, but there was a wetness on the engine ,,
"that took 3 watering cans before it was full" she says,,"i put it in there, where it has the watering can with the drips",,,,

yups she'd taken the oill filler cap off, emptied 3 x 2 gallon watering cans of water into the engine,, and cranked it like a loon,,

wrote off the engine

hubby wasnt Best pleased at her,, she'd had the rover 2 weeks,, due to pranging the last car on a bollard while parking and taking out the B post , both doors and the sill,,

she borrowed her dads car until they could find a "lynn proof" motor to replace the waterlogged rover,, she took the rear drivers door + 1/4 out on the metal gate post at the end of their drive ,,
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: