View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 21:27   #4
Nickthecook

I'm starting to think I drive a different car to you guys. How did you manage to cut a fully water jacketed pipe in half? And again, the CCV Pipe itself, which is 9nly viabke for about 2-3 inches either end of it coolant containing jacket, is rock hard. With the greatest respect, Is it possible you've both mistaken the rocker breather to oil separator pipe for the CCV Pipe which is part rubber, part metal and has a water jacket running from where it exits the separator, upto about 2 inches before it enters the hard plastic MAF to Turbo pipe, just before it joins the Turbo. If not, your vehicles are of a different design to my '06 V70 D5 D5244T4.

Where ever the oil is being sucked from and I don't deny that it might be getting pulled past the side of the pistons on their intake stroke, it is without doubt caused by the combination of excessive exhaust back pressure and substancial intake vacuum, resulting from a badly thought out 'High Pressure Loop' EGR.

There are undoubtedly other factors that may be contributing to the problem, such as a blocked EGR cooler, or a split diaphragm within the EGR Cooler Bypass Valve, which will not only prolong warm up, but the Vac pump will be working flat out as a result of the broken actuator. This will increase the temperature of the engine oil and as the Vac Pump vents through its oil supply from the exhaust camshaft, it will also pump a significant amount of fresh air into the rocker. This definitely is a contributing factor 8n CC Pressure, because I've tested it with and without a leak. With, resulted in blue exhaust smoke, without a leak it was clear.
Nickthecook is offline   Reply With Quote