Thread: Suspension: - 2003 V70 - New Rear Springs
View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 05:10   #1
MWMan

Default 2003 V70 - New Rear Springs

This is a follow up question to one I posted earlier this month. Having found that the rear shocks I need to replace are Nivomats, I have purchased a set of new shocks and Springs (Sachs and Lesjfors). Replacing the shocks is quite easy, but as I have seen mentioned a few times on the forum, replacing the rear Springs is not so easy. I have searched the forum, but cant find a post that discusses changing these on a P2. There are videos and guides on the web for the P1 and P3 cars but none that I can find for the P2. Even SiRobb hasn't done his yet!

Looking at the procedure in VIDA, it would be fairly easy to do, if I had the right Spring compressors. The one I used for the front struts are not wide enough to grip the Spring.

I may end up having to take this to a garage to get them done, but before I do, has anyone here actually done this one their drive, and what spring compressors did you use?

I hate to give up on something like this, but I dont want to injure myself doing it. Even the Haynes Manual said that they could find no safe way of doing these, and suggested taking the car to Volvo, who have the hydraulic spring compressors.

thanks