View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 15:44   #8
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well I went to see the 940 today and was pleasantly suprised to see a rather straight and clean car.
I wanted the car but my boss where it would have been kept says otherwise.So instead of it now being mine it's up for sale again.
It really is a nice clean car and is worth the asking price easy.It has 6months mot it has the four speed manual box with push button overdrive.It even has the original 940 rear tailgate spoiler.It has four alloy wheels with good tyres.The black leather seats are clean and soft and very comfortable.It has the seven seat conversion as well.There is a dog guard which just needs fitting back up.It has a roll blind in the boot.

It started very well as it had been standing.I'm sure it wouldn't take much to sort out the sudden cutting out buisness.
Possible fault,
Ignition amplifier.
Fuel pump or relay,
Crank position sensor.
Air mass meter was changed a while back but could still be the fault?

It has had a new instrument cluster fitted some time ago as it developed a fault.A second hand one but fully functioning.It does have a turbo gauge in it but obviuosely no turbo fitted.The old cluster is available too.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement.My boss seems to think any more than four cars is to many.I had to get rid of several a while back due to this.

Someone will be getting a real bargain with this but it cannot stay where it is for to long.It is in a secure parking area and needs to be gone.The owners really want it saved rather than scrap it and I can see why.Fantastic people who care.The new owner is looking for a more modern volvo after ten years of owning this one.

Regards Brian.

EDIT,Just had a thought if anyone wants more info then pm me and I can try and answer any queries.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Dec 31st, 2012 at 15:55. Reason: 294v
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: