Thread: C30 Electrics : - Aux Question
View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 22:05   #18
phutyle

Thanks to this thread, I got a AVFM-MOD01 FM modulator. Hooked it all up this evening. I’ve run an an extra USB charger off the cig lighter, and have it and the new Aux in mounted in the tray behind the waterfall. I’m using a Tunai Firefly Bluetooth adapter that’s powered off the USB and plugs into the Aux. It’s audio only (doesn’t support calls) which I want because I already have factory hands-free in the car.

I’ve got a Mophie Charge Force vent mounted magnetic charger and compatible case for my phone. All the wiring for it and the music setup is hidden neatly behind the trim panels. I also have a Bluetooth media button mounted on the back of the steering wheel, which I can use to change tracks, play/pause and control the volume of my phone. The built-in steering wheel controls do the audio system volume and taking/hanging up calls.

So now when I get in the car, I just stick my phone to the magnetic vent mount. Start up the engine, and the phone starts charging. It also connects automatically to the Firelfy, and I can play music via Bluetooth>Aux>FM Modulator>Radio, which I can control from the steering wheel. The sound is great and it connects in seconds. I can use Siri for switching between playlists or finding songs. When a call comes in, the music pauses, and the built-in car Bluetooth takes over.

Very happy with my setup now, it does everything I want it to.

Last edited by phutyle; Feb 24th, 2018 at 22:08.
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phutyle For This Useful Post: