View Single Post
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 22:25   #6
Martin_Butcher
Martin Butcher

Hi Grass Hopper,

intermittent faults are the worst. I am a eletrical engineer (big stuff) and have had to diagnose a few faults like this. Normally just end up hanging more and more test gear on until you find the problem / anomaly.

Is it possible for volvo to do anything like this - fit additional diagnostics - manually force a DPF regen sequence and see if this makes the problem occur again?

Unfortunately, the people I bought it from are the volvo garage that are looking at this problem, so I sure it was fine prior to sale! I will ask them to let me know if it has had any parts changed on the engine though - they should be able to tell as it has a full volvo service history.

I have also been posting on the Honest John website. An email from HG said 'probably just a DPF regen occuring' and a separate post on that website also said the same. This seems a bit extreme for a normal event.

I have also been wondering could driving style impact this? I tend to do mostly local miles (and love 6th gear because it is so quiet), then longer journeys when this seems to happen.

Thanks for all your help.

Martin
Martin_Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote