View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 12:08   #19
GregE102
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
that was my original post ages ago. the centre yellow part, is black in 99% of 850s and is standard. only the R has the dark wood, and some T5's or CD spec ones have the lighter wood, so finding a black one is easy

Now as per Duncs pic, the only other colour, is the RED area, which again on MOSt 850;s is grey. Some are Beige. It it is that colour that is BLACK on some R's

BUT if i read your post right, you simply want the BLACK CENTRE part? if so, just get any second hand one, and remove it. It is not that hard. I did a thread on here, which I will find, with pics of the consol, and you will see it.
Hi there!!

Yes your right but i could not find at the time any scrap yard wiling to go out and just pull said mentioned section out for me? so for ease of use I just got a new one as a temporary measure till an original becomes available! It will look ok for a while!

Never mind it's a labour love and money lol

Oh and the 2 that did check for me that id have manual's one was grey and the other they said did not have the heated switches in the correct place.

I am now also going to use this new one to see how far out the manual gear stick position is? compered to the Auto to see how mush difference the is?

But when it's all sorted there will be one free for another member!

PS I like what you have done with the Ipod connector looks good!

Cheers Greg