View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 14:44   #1
BarryS

Default Recommendation for Amazon Restoration Please

Having woken our '66 122s from quite a long sleep and thoroughly checked it over, I have concluded that a fairly extensive restoration may be on the cards.

I have always spannered our Amazons but don't weld or do bodywork and don't have facilities for major mechanical disassembly/reassembly and so am hoping that somebody may be able to recommend a restorer who knows Amazons.

Car needs some metal smithing such as rear wheel arches but no major surgery would appear to be necessary. Engine is excellent, brakes nearly new, Gearbox and diff are both noisy now, so probably both need a rebuild. Clutch is not that old and is ok, overdrive works fine but all suspension bushes definitely need doing (I have a full set of polybushes). I am thinking a full mechanical strip down/reconditioning and a glass out body job is required.

Anyone know someone they can vouch for? Any ideas of budget required for the above? Thanks.

I am in West Dorset but am prepared to travel with the car to a recommended restorer.

Last edited by BarryS; Sep 17th, 2019 at 14:47.
BarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryS For This Useful Post: