Thread: Engine: 2.3 Carb B23A/B230K: - LPG conversion
View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 19:55   #11
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
What a load of tosh. LPG burns cooler than petrol (however it does not offer cooling that petrol does) No more stress is given to the engine and in fact engine life can be extended over what is expected when running petrol.

An example of this looking at Honda GX engines. On petrol we were seeing the work for about 500hrs and need a rebuild. 250hrs of running later and then would be too worn to repair. Changing to LPG only extended life to 1000-1500 hrs before needing a head gasket and minor repair. Final engine life would be 3000-5000 hours before the block would fail!
I can only convey my experience from half a dozen vehicles which never over their life ever ran properly and were unreliable.

Its not something that I would get involved with.

Each to their own, mine is first hand experience and its not worth the hassle. If you could pay £1500 to £2000 loads of people would have taken it up (I would have 2 off petrol cars running LPG).

As it is I have never been in an LPG car without the EML illuminated or starting issues or problems switching from petrol to LPG.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote