Thread: MOT success!
View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 15:18   #4
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
October 2015 : A garage/MOT testing station in Henley on Thames gave me this advisory and their tester came out to my 940 window and told me that I really needed to get these replaced very soon:

Offside Front Anti-roll bar rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Nearside Front Anti-roll bar rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Later that month my own Volvo indi said they didn't need replacing

October 2016: My 940 passes MOT at a Welsh MOT Testing Station who don't pick up on them and my Volvo Indi don't think they need replacing

October 2017: My car goes back into that very same Henley garage for MOT some 20,000 miles / 2 years later and the same bushes are not picked up on MOT! My Volvo indi doesn't think they need replacing

October 2018: My car goes into the Welsh MOT testing station who do not pick up on the bushes some 30,000 miles / 3 years after originally being picked up on MOT

That same Henley garage had my car in for oil and filter change and rang me and asked if they could give the car a little checkover whilst it was in. I said yes. My bill was c £183 iirc! I swallowed rather than make a fuss and embarass myself at the counter but I will never use them again, EVER!

Go figure!
Oh dear. Laney. I was chuckling. Until the end. EEEEEK !!!!

Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: