View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 14:47   #52
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTaylor View Post
OK, latest is they have checked out the PCV system and say it is working OK. They are saying they can not find ANYTHING wrong with the car other than residual oil that they have done their best to remove. The pollen filter was the wrong one and badly fitted so they have changed this.

They are suspecting that when the car goes into a regen cycle, the additional heat (up to 600deg) is causing old oil to vapourise, which is why they have replaced the pollen filter, hopefully so I won't notice it.

I'm not convinced. The guy at work that mentioned the PCV issue races cars in the Toyota Sprint series, so he knows a bit more about cars than me.

I'm going to get him to read the advice Clan has offered on here and ask him to have a look as well because I am not convinced at all this has been resolved and will end up with booking number 6 after my next long journey..

Can I thank you Clan for looking at this thread and for the advice you have offered. It is appreciated.
you are welcome , there may be some truth in their theory about left over oil leaks burning off with regeneration .. if it turns out to be something in the breather sticking inside the cam cover it may also explain high oil consumption a few people are getting ... If your glove is inflating there is pressure in the crankcase after all ..