View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 17:45   #53
DTaylor

I retried the glove test this afternoon. It is no longer inflating, starts to draw it in slightly which according to the videos I've seen is normal. So I'm wondering now if they disturbed something when checking it out.

They took me into the workshop and showed me underneath the car and there is still some residual oil from before, even though on visit 4 they assured me it had all been cleaned off. One of the pipes in particular looked very oily and I did ask if it was possible this had perished and was assured it was OK.

The car was fine up until 2 months ago, I'm sure Volvo's aren't meant to smoke like this. So with the dealership saying on several visits now there is nothing wrong with the car all I can do is run it and see what happens. I think if it was to fail catastrophically I'd be covered anyway with so many dealership visits for this issue.

All I can do I think is next time it happens try and get the phone down the back a bit better to see if I can capture where the smoke is coming from.

My next long run is to the WRC in Wales in just over a weeks time. Hopefully the car will be fine.