View Single Post
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 17:40   #7
ollieoxford

Default RE: ETS Light - ETM failure -> Volvo US admits to problem.

I have now received the following corporate UK reply:

"Volvo Car Corporation are currently investigating complaints raised regarding the ETM (Electronic Throttle Module) fitted to their large car variants upon request from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration) and CARB ( California Air Resources Board). To date no Recall or Field Action has been launched. Volvo will respond to NHTSA and CARB) by the end of September and meetings will follow. Thereafter, a decision will be taken as to what action, if any, is to be undertaken.

This action does not affect the UK market as NHTSA and CARB are both based in the US. Once all investigations are complete, VCC will determine which markets are affected, if any. Should a recall be launched, your dealer will contact you and therefore please ensure that your dealer has your latest contact details."

Basically, - watch this space but don't hold your breath.

Since my replacement ETM failed under 12 month unlimited mileage warranty, I am apparently covered for its replacement. (This I'll wait and see when I've managed to get it too my local dealer - different from the original dealer). I've already had the line from the garage though, that this is a different part to the US part (which is actually untrue). Hopefully my replacement will last long enough for Volvo UK to have sorted itself out(or alternatively fail within 12 months so it is replaced under warrenty!)

What was ever wrong with a mechanical throttle cable?

Ollie

C70 T(rouble)5
940 LPT