View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 16:57   #9
minuiteman
minuiteman

Default RE: Steering vagueness and wandering

S60 D5 Auto New November 02 under warrenty. 225/45/17" Wheels/Tyres

It seems that your problem is as Volvo Head Office have said to me, "THIS IS A CHARTERISTIC OF THE CAR ", and I am sorry to say you will have to live with it, or hand the car back.! ! !

I have ( as far as i am aware ) explored every avenue to correct this problem, Including an AA Indipendant Inspection, the AA findings said " this car needs further Investigation ", Volvo @ Head Office covered my costs for the Inspection, and as my One of my local Volvo dealers Kings volvo Southampton, had "washed there hands of the car as they have said " there is nothing we can do ( after extensive exploration) for you with this car, and they commented that they thought " it was the best of the fleet!", so after my Indipendant inspection from the AA, Volvo @ head office said to try another Volvo garage for " a new pair of eyes and eares" Page Moters of Ferndown Dorset had the car for the best part of a week, guess what,...., It wasent any better when I got the car back.

Volvo recaalling 105,000 vechicles ( 9,715 cars in the UK )
the defect concerned The Ball Joints Nuts in the Frount control arms,
this was the BBC news 10th Febuary 2004, for cars made in the last 12 months from that date !

There is also a peice of technical Knowledge that we are not to know about !, Volvo have received reports that some cars are having premature wear of the hydro bushing in the control arms they say this is due to hard driving and long driving distances, they have said to replace to a solid bushing P/N 9465971, but......, these bushes are to be fitted to Police and Taxi vechicles only. I tried to get these fitted to my car as a fellow forum user @ Dave M, stated to me on the Jan 30th 2003 he would GUARANNTEE no wander, but a slightly harder ride. I booked my car in with Volvo Specalist ACC UK, Farnbrough,to have the work carried out, They later Informed me that they would have had to purchase £500 of equipment to fit these £20 bushes, so they couldnt do it.
So to date nearly 3 years down the road, the car still has the origanal problem =ooPs according to Volvo not a problem ! and they say " Volvo for life," poss there life expectancy with a s60 car is under 3 years as all I feel like doing is getting rid of the most expensive car that I have ever bought, and just to think I choose it over a Quality cars like JAG,BMW ect,ect.

I do not know where to go from here, maybe other forum users can be helpfull with there Ideas, (like a mass S60 gathering at Marlow head office !

If attachment is with this mail( hope its the right one,) it was re typed be my, at that time, my younger daughter, as I was rather up set with Volvo letter, so sorry about the spelling mistakes.

minuiteman is offline   Reply With Quote