View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 21:57   #1
Wytze

Thumbs down "On Call Service Required" keeps coming back

Dear Forum,

I found a few similar posts on this topic (example: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...highlight=call) which point in a certain direction (back up battery problem). I would appreciate the forums (latest) view on this.

Allow me to provide some facts:
XC90 (my second one), D5 Geartronic, 2007, featuring includes: RTI, phone, On Call. I bought the car from the Volvo local dealer when it was almost 1 year old with approximately 30k km. We are currently at 90k km. Only dealer serviced.

Issue: even shortly after I bought it, it showed the "On Call Service Required" message. After a "reset" by the dealer, it did not show up for about a year, another reset, another year. But, recently (warranty expired...) it keeps coming back.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but ever since I bought the XC90, every now and than the phone forgets some of it settings (speed dials for example). I have also had an occasional "Urgent - airbag service required" (translated from Dutch, so actual English message could be different). Every time, the dealer was able to "reset" the messages. Most recently - again together with the 'On Call Service Required" message - the front power windows could not be operated until the car was stopped/started again. Could be coincidence though.

All has been mentioned to the dealer, but they seem not to be too sure about this all. Last week however, they mentioned a possible issue with a worn out backup battery. IMHO This seems less likely, since I experience the "On Call Service Required' for two years now. However, one of the posts also mention this battery...

Any thoughts?
Any tips I could give to the dealer?
The message "On Call Service Required" is currently present, should I try the 'Fuse 14' trick?

PS: any way I can "reset" myself using my "OBDlink" tool (with SCAN-XL software)?

Regards,
W.
Wytze is offline   Reply With Quote