View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 21:50   #9
madnurse

I got an "activation code" today from main dealer, told that I should input this into the car (via phone menu) and it would call VOC and I would give them some security info then the VOC deactivated error would stop (and VOC would be "activated", I have done this and got the error Wrong activation Code! bugger! called main dealer back and have been told that it (the car) then has a fault, and needs in depth investigation starting with fault code reading then un-limited deeper investigation, charged by the hour!! Called VOC who whilst polite, couldnt offer any help, (for info the number your car calls when you press the "ON CALL" button is "0800 587 9848" they were however able to check that the car indeed is in date on the system untill 2015, has on call service and that I needed to contact the main dealer for an "activation code" I have the code and am assured it is the only code associated with my car (by main dealer). The number I have been given is in the format of "111222444" (a nine digit number) the car however seems to let you enter what you like (so a 2 digit number or a 40 digit number) can anyone confirm they have an activation code of nine digits? what am I missing? surely you ethier offer a service and support it throughout it's activaton regardless of end user cost, or deactivate it so that no warning occours...
140,000miles. Silver, Black Leather, Aluminium Dash
madnurse is offline   Reply With Quote